Here are the civic election results from yesterday - a definite landslide for [Lack Of] Vision Vancouver:
And what was this election about? A rather confused (and possibly fabricated) issue concerning a $100 Million loan guarantee to a private developer. Who was in the right and who was in the wrong with this, few people actually definitively know. To establish the truth of the matter one needs all the facts. No one in the general public is so equipped.
In the drug fueled illusions of many on the Radical Left in this city, newly elected mayor Gregor Robertson is B.C.'s own Barack Obama. In the "lack of actual experience" department, I would agree wholeheartedly. Beyond that, give me a break!
What's most disappointing is that less than 31% of eligible voters bothered to put aside their busy little lives in order to exert their democratic right (and responsibility). Based on my calculations, 87.9% of citizens (16.7% voted and 71.2% abstained) have given Robertson & co. carte blanche approval to do whatever they please:
- Permanently shut down 2 lanes of the Burrard Street bridge so that a few bicycles can ride in their own lane morning, noon, & night. Why stop there, go for four!
- Follow Toronto's social engineering agenda and ban disposable coffee cups and introduce "shade audits".
- Dramatically increase property taxes for those "greedy capitalist business owners".
- All homelessness will be Gordon Campbell's fault.
- The city's lack of police will be Gordon Campbell's fault.
- All infrastructure problems will be Gordon Campbell's fault.
- And so on & so on & so on.