Saturday, November 29, 2008

My Comments to David Berner

David Berner is back from his vacation and blogging like crazy! Here he posts the thoughts of a regular contributor named Victor. Here was the comment I left him:

Welcome back, David, welcome back! And little did I know until now (Saturday afternoon) that you've been blogging up a storm!

I agree wholeheartedly with everything Victor said. And especially now, that the public funding removal idea (which I actually support) has been laid to waste.

Precisely on what basis do the Liberals and NDP and their separatist brethren now have for discarding a democratically elected government just 46 days ago?

You hinted on another post that there's not enough of an economic stimulus from the Conservatives. Poppycock I say to that, David! Canada is in much better shape than any other G8 country. Our banking system is not in trouble. So on what prudent financially sound basis should the government be "injecting" billions of dollars into the economy? As a Western Canadian, you can't possibly be supporting the idea of giving the Big 3 automakers and the Quebec forest industry any more money, can you?!

What our pretty GG should do is declare an economic stimulus plan by forcing the parties to hold another election. That'll inject $300 Million into the pockets of Average Joes and Janes across the country. Then let the people of Canada decide how they feel about the Liberals & NDP ignoring the mandate of the people recently delivered.

But I expect what she will do is let the Cabal of Trois rule the roost. If this doesn't have serious negative repercussions that may even shake the foundations of unity in the West, then I'll be shocked.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Berner's from Winnipeg, does that make him a "Western Canadian"? I don't think so. He writes like an easterner.

Robert W. said...

Amigo, I'll let you figure out where the East-West split in Canada is. But yes, David Berner is very much a Western Canadian.

I don't know what "writes like an easterner" is supposed to mean.

Anonymous said...

"I don't know what "writes like an easterner" is supposed to mean."

"As a Western Canadian, you can't possibly be supporting the idea of giving the Big 3 automakers and the Quebec forest industry any more money, can you?!"

That's the sort of thing I mean.

David in North Burnaby BC said...

"Precisely on what basis do the Liberals and NDP and their separatist brethren now have for discarding a democratically elected government just 46 days ago?"

The Constitution.