Monday, June 09, 2008

Peter Ladner Defeats Sam Sullivan

In what I thought was impossible to achieve, Peter Ladner has defeated Sam Sullivan to win the NPA nomination to run in the next mayoralty election in Vancouver. This is amazingly good news and now gives me reason again to strongly support one of the parties in the next civic election. David Berner is in Europe at the moment but I've e-mailed him that our looney mayor will soon be a vague footnote in history. He will be equally ecstatic!

May I add that this is a terrific way to end what has been an absolutely amazing week. I'm gloating more than a little about Ladner's victory because it puts an end to all the B.S. I've had to take both personally & privately whenever I expressed my views about Sullivan. I once supported him, I voted for him, and I had high hopes. But he pretty much did nothing except make endless proclamations about this & that and strange announcements about emergency vehicles having to turn off their sirens at night. His strong support for Insite was deplorable. I know that Ladner support it too, just like all the candidates do. I can only hope that one day they'll listen to Berner.

With all that said, I do hope that Sam Sullivan will be included in the official ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics.

No comments: