Friday, June 06, 2008

Rights or Privileges?

I was especially taken by this comment by Peter O'Donnell. To him I wrote this:

An excellent point! Instead, activists like Khurrum Awan have a VERY different agenda. I encourage you to read & listen to the links provided here and to watch the aforementioned Al & Mike episode with Mark Steyn which you can find here.

I don't know about the rest of you, but this week has been a vivid wake-up call to me that our liberty and free speech are very precious things that we must forever be vigilant about protecting. Growing up in Canada, I had mistakenly thought of them as "rights" but now realize they're not. For rights are guaranteed and forever. Clearly those don't actually exist in Canada, not in the age of the HRCs.

In our Modern Age the "Barbarians at the Gate" will not be so obvious at first glance. They may be dressed in 3-piece suits or pant suits, may come in all colours and creeds, but rest assured that all kinds of apparently "well meaning" people are on a never ending crusade to destroy our basic freedoms.

June 6th, 2008: A Day That Will Forever Live in Infamy!

No comments: