Friday, June 06, 2008

Beyond The Twilight Zone

Andrew Coyne's live blogging has now wrapped up for the week. His final entry was the piece de resistance:

12:04 PM We’re hearing, last, from the intervenors: first, the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, then a joint submission from the BC Civil Liberties Association and the Canadian Association of Journalists. I’m going to go with the written texts here, if you don’t mind…

CODA: There will be no more liveblogging. As I left the courtroom for the lunch break, i was taken aside by a sheepish-looking court official, who said that he’d just learned that I had been “broadcasting” from inside the courtroom. So had I. Broadcasting, I said? I didn’t have a microphone, or a camera.

No, he explained: but liveblogging counts as broadcasting. It’s not the computer that’s the problem. You can type away on it all you want. If you step outside to send it, that’s okay, too. But if you send text from within the courtroom, that’s broadcasting.

Anyway, I gave him my solemn word that I would do no more broadcasting. What with the hearings being almost over and all. It seemed a fitting way to put a cap on the week.


This last comment of Coyne’s is a fitting end to this entire travesty. Two things immediately come to mind:
  1. The court ONLY noticed today that he had been blogging to the world all week? And these people are the wise, intelligent sages who dispense justice from on high?!?

  2. When I was there on Monday I noticed how incredibly small Courtroom #105 was, especially as compared to all the others around it. I believe this was quite deliberate, in order to minimize the amount of media coverage. Now they’re officially stating that the free press can’t cover such events in real-time.

These Roos and their baby Roos are so DEEPLY out of touch with any semblance of what I call CANADA. God help us all!

P.S. I have already suggested to Ezra Levant that he absolutely refuse to participate in his Alberta Kangaroo Court case unless he's allowed to video it or at least have any number of people there blogging it in real time. Canadians (and the rest of the world) must know what's going on!

6 comments:

Dr.Dawg said...

Canadians (and the rest of the world) must know what's going on!

Fascism, pure fascism. And Communism. And Islamism. Tyranny is upon us, and the dungeons are even now being prepared.

Won't somebody stop it?

Where is our "Conservative" government? Why is it standing by impotently as the iron heel of Human Rights Tribunals threatens to crush us all underfoot?

Where is our staunch ally, the US? Is she going to stand by as Shariah law, clitoridectomy, polygamy, cheap gasoline from Venezuela and State-written editorials in the National Post are imposed upon us by force? Will you not hear our call to the conscience of the world?

[Be right back. Someone's at the door.]

Robert W. said...

Clearly you're exaggerating for effect. Where I think we're now more accurately at is the drip, drip, drip creep of political correctness, enforced by ultra-left activists.

Living here in Vancouver, I've stood against these people all my life and will continue to do so until my last breath.

I re-emphasize what I've said numerous times before, what we're witnessing is not, at its core, a Muslim vs. Non-Muslim issue. For there are plenty of Muslims, like Tarek Fatah, who adamantly believe in Free Speech, just like you and me.

Anonymous said...

Dawg the clown got huffy because the Globe wouldn't publish this bit of tripe:

Sir:

There is more than enough misinformation about human-rights commissions and free speech flying around at the moment without your adding more of it. You speak of "the gross overreaching of human-rights commissions in hearing two high-profile cases involving journalists Mark Steyn and Ezra Levant." It's nothing of the kind.

Complaints submitted to the bodies in question are being investigated as to their merits. That's a screening process, not a hearing. (For what it's worth [absolutely zero, as is everything out of the Dawg's backside - ed], I predict that the complaints in question will be screened out. ) The "gross overreaching," it seems to me, is by the hysterics who want us to believe that freedom of speech is on the line.

Robert W. said...

Dear Anonymous,

Everyone who follows my blog on a regular basis knows that I almost always do not allow anonymous postings.

You have climbed on board, not identified yourself and then posted something without providing any reference to its source. Until we learn otherwise, I will assume that you specifically constructed it in order to suit your own agenda.

If you think that my reply to Dr. Dawg means that I agree with the drivel you've just added then you are absolutely dreaming!

You've insinuated that freedom of speech is not on the line. Have you been in a coma all week? Our free speech is VERY MUCH under threat by some politically correct activists that wouldn't know the meaning of JUSTICE if it slapped them in the face!

Start identifying yourselves folks and stick to the facts.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I think you are missing it. Dawg is lampooning you - this is his idea of amusement, and the other fellow (anon) is trying to warn you.

Robert W. said...

Foolish me for taking him seriously. Just checked out his blog. He's the "Progressive Immigrant" (his words) who doesn't believe in free speech.

I just took a look at the comments on his long diatribe. I learned that some of the "Progressives" are referring to the rest of us as "Free Speechers". What does that make them? Perfect candidates for the BCHRT I think.

The irony of yesterday being the anniversary D-Day vs. such people calling themselves Canadians is incredibly sad.