Sunday, June 08, 2008

An Interesting Take on Canada's Media from Within

Through everything that happened last week I've had the great pleasure to have correspondence with a number of others who are as concerned about the present attack on Free Speech as I am.

Here's a little fascinating snippet, printed with permission, though with one name removed into protect the person's privacy:

One of the interesting things of the trial for me was chatting with the various journalists who by and large were a nice bunch despite that fact we shared no ideological common ground. I had an interchange with one fellow about Andrew Coyne's CBC News At Issues panel. I said something like "Coyne is the token moderate on the panel surrounded by 3 or 4 lefties - how come they never have a social conservative?" He replied "Where would they find one of those in the media?"

No comments: