Saturday, February 28, 2009

First Full Day on Oahu

After a much needed sleep, I went for a walk around Waikiki. It started pouring at one point, which has apparently been the case for some time this season.

The hometown kid, Barack Obama, is sure one popular guy with many locals.
The beach was as beautiful as ever.
Though seeing tourists with umbrellas was a different sight than last year!

My mom and I picked up our Chicago friend, Toni, and drove up to the north shore town of Kailua where we had breakfast at Boots & Kimo's.
Here's a nice shot of my 88 year old friend, Toni. She absolutely is one of the most hilarious people you'll ever meet!
The restaurant is famous for their banana pancakes covered with a homemade Macadamia Nut sauce. Yum x 1,000 ! ! !
This isn't a very good shot but this little Hawaiian girl should be in commercials. Absolutely adorable!
We then continued on our drive around the North Shore of Oahu. It was windy but fairly clear.


The palm trees give away a hint of the strength of the wind.

Here are my two fellow travelers.
Toni wanted to try the cooked shrimp. Giovanni's came highly recommended.



They definitely didn't disappoint! I highly recommend the Scampi (garlic butter) variety.
The wind made for some pretty strong waves.
Back in Waikiki, my mom & I decided to join Toni for church.
The stained glass windows inside are spectacular!

We dropped off Toni and then went to try one of our favourites, the Rainbow Drive-In.

A long day but a fun one!

No comments: