Friday, February 27, 2009

Journey to Honolulu

I woke up at 4:00am and caught a taxi to the airport 30 minutes later. At 7:00am I was on my way down to Los Angeles. It was a small Canadair plane and was barely 1/3 full.

This is the famous "Theme Building" at LAX. I seem to recall that Cindy Crawford's husband operates the restaurant in it.

For those that can't wait to get the latest electronic gadget, Best Buy comes through with this vending machine:

The airplane to Honolulu was a large 767-400 and was absolutely packed! It was a perfect day with blue skies and puffy white clouds.
As we were landing I captured this photo. From Right to Left is: Diamond Head, Waikiki, and Honolulu.
The weather was windy but otherwise sunny & warm. It was great to be back in Paradise!
This is the famous Ilikai Hotel, which appeared numerous times in Hawaii Five-O.
After checking in, I immediately headed over to the Pagoda Restaurant, where I met up with Ayuri and her mom, Takako, from Osaka, Japan. Ayuri and her husband, Hiro, are fellow Virtual Tourist (VT) members.
Also joining us was a gentleman named Eli, who was a local VT member.

No comments: