Thursday, October 09, 2008

Letter to Bill O'Reilly

After watching a segment on The O'Reilly Factor where it was discussed whether John McCain's use of "that one" and Sarah Palin's use of "hockey mom" and "Joe Six Pack" were racist terms, I just had to send a letter to Bill O'Reilly:

I'm from Vancouver, BC but have spent the past 2 weeks in the U.S., visiting Texas and now Chicago. Most every weekday evening I've had the great pleasure to watch your show.

Having spent muchof the past 44 years of my life in Canuckistan, I've watched political correctness severely damage my country. Day to day discourse has been greatly hampered for fear of offending each other. It has gotten so bad that anyone can be hauled in front of quasi-legal bodies known as "Human Rights Commissions" for simply hurting someone else's feelings. If you think I'm exaggerating, you'd be incorrect. Mark Steyn and Ezra Levant have spent oodles of money and time defending themselves from these Kangaroo Courts. A Toronto comedian is current facing the same fate.

I had naively thought that the United States of America was very much free from such PC nonsense. Oh how naive I was! The piece de resistance had to be the Ph.D. from Temple University who should be the 2008 poster child for Permanent Victim Syndrome. Please note that I deliberately didn't say "poster boy" for fear of offending him.

God Bless America but also God Help America. For you all need such help as much as us in Trudeaupia do!

No comments: