Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back in Vancouver, Safe & [Reasonably] Sound

My mom and I arrived home last night after 2.5 weeks traveling through the U.S. It was a fun trip, though an exhausting one. We were both sick with a cold (or flu?) during much of it and only got about 35% of the things accomplished that we had originally intended. Yesterday was the worst of all. We flew back from Chicago, via Denver and Seattle, and I had a splitting headache most of the day. Not fun. But with the help of 2 hot showers and an Excedrin last night, I'm feeling a LOT better this morning!

The other thing aching is my right wrist. I can only conclude that this is from constantly having to lift my mom's 800 lb. large suitcase. If you think I'm exaggerating, feel free to volunteer as her porter on her next trip!!

Still on Chicago time (2 hours ahead), I woke up before 6am this morning. With no food (or milk) in my home, I walked over to my local Starbucks and got a MUCH NEEDED large dark coffee! It was still pitch black and crisp & cold like a traditional fall day. Quite a contrast to Chicago where it felt like balmy August. On the way over I walked past a local little church that serves as my polling station. One little old lady was entering a few minutes after 7am. She was probably their first customer of the day!

So all is well, though I have soooo much to catch up on. I want to send a big thanks to all the friends we met on the trip. You treated us royally and then some! But it's also very nice to be home.

No comments: