Friday, October 03, 2008

[Near] Sighting of Sarah Palin in Dallas

With a few hours before my flight to Chicago, I decided to head to downtown Dallas to view the location where John F. Kennedy was shot. On the way back to the hotel I came across a huge crowd outside of a downtown hotel. Within seconds I realized what it was: A pro-Palin rally. There were hundreds & hundreds of schoolchildren as well. Many people proudly displayed McCain-Palin signs.

Returning here to the hotel I read more about the event. I had to laugh at the closing line about the protesters. There were about half a dozen Obama supporters walking in a small circle with their heads down and an even smaller number of Code Pink wingnuts. It's not clear what the schoolchildren thought of these party poopers.

Sorry, but I wasn't able to get any photos. :-(

No comments: