Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mark Steyn's Latest on on Gaza

Please read Mark Steyn's latest.

Read it slowly. Read it carefully. But read it all. And then join with me and worry. For the excessive tolerance of our "progressive" politicians is so clearly leading to a time when no tolerance will be permitted whatsoever.



With apologies to Martin Niemöller, let me provide a modern version of his famous poem:

First they came for the Jews.
I remained silent, for I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Christians.
I remained silent, for I was not a Christian.

When they came for the conservatives,
I remained silent, for I was not a conservative.

When they came for the atheists,
I remained silent, for I was no longer an atheist.

Then when they came for me,
I expected someone to speak out,
But there was no one left to defend me.

No comments: