Friday, January 02, 2009

John Kaponi Paper Review on Big George's Show

While I'm working, I frequently listen to ["Big"] George Webley's show on BBC London Radio. So much so that he has given me the nickname of "Doctor Robert". I like it because it allows me to honestly say, "I'm not a real doctor but I play one on the BBC".

John Kaponi is the editor of the TheLondonDailyNews.com. Once a week he appears on George's show, where the two of them do a fairly comprehensive review of the latest newspapers. Here's a video of part of their segment:

Big George's show used to begin at 2am London time but now starts at 10pm over there. If you live in North America, then you can listen to it at these times:

  • 2 - 6pm : Pacific
  • 3 - 7pm : Mountain
  • 4 - 8pm : Central
  • 5 - 9pm : Eastern
P.S. I know that this video seems a little dry & serious but most of the show is actually quite comical & lively. Listening to it is a great way to get a feel for the zeitgeist of the UK.

No comments: