Sunday, March 18, 2007

Filming in Miami

This helicopter was buzzing around the areas of Brickell and Key Biscayne all afternoon and even into the early evening. I wonder if it was taking future transition shots for CSI Miami!





I later sent this e-mail to Mark Steyn:

America Alone on CSI Miami?

Mark, these days I'm most fortunate to be enjoying the great weather in Miami instead of the non-ending rainy weather back home in Vancouver. The other day I was sitting out on the deck of my friend's 39th floor apartment reading your superb book, America Alone. Suddenly swooping down from the heavens was . . . no, not Al Gore stopping by in his jet for a snack in Little Havana . . . but rather a sleek helicopter with two cameras mounted on its skids. It flew around for several hours, apparently shooting footage that's commonly shown in those CSI:Miami segues. Every time it flew nearby I prominently raised the bright red cover of your book. Perhaps it'll show up in some new episodes of the show. I just hope the bright reflection off of my pale Canadian stomach doesn't diminish the brilliance of your book!

Robert Werner
Vancouver, BC

No comments: