Saturday, March 03, 2007

Just Another Typical Driving Day in Miami

It wasn't even 9am and I heard a large bang outside. Sure enough, someone was driving too fast or too carelessly or likely both. In most cities, one needs to look both ways before crossing a street. In Miami, you need to look left, right, backward, forward, and then RUN across the street!

You may be curious to know how I obtained this photo. It was about 2 blocks away, much too far for my little camera's zoom lense. So I put the camera into Macro mode and placed the lens up against one of the eyepieces of a pair of binoculars. It took a little fidgeting but I finally captured the photo you see here.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Please tell me that isn't a photo of a PERSON hit by that car, and that the mess underneath is just leaking brake fluid or something...

Robert W. said...

Nobody was hurt, as far as I know. Just above the vehicle the driver is sitting on the curb, talking with 2 people.

Yes, the liquid is oil or brake fluid or gasoline.

Hillary said...

ok, sorry to jump to morbid conclusions. It just looked baaaad. Then you were talking about having to look all around you when crossing the street. Yikes.

So, um, on to cheerier things... those sure are pretty flowers in that post above this one! hehe

Hillary said...

erm, flowers? I meant iguanas. Clearly I'm not quite awake yet...