Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Pigs of Vancouver

Today I saw a well dressed young woman leave her disposable coffee cup on the bench of a bus stop. Then she walked inside an Insurance office, to either do business or go to work. Why was it too much trouble for her to dispose of this cup in that office?

Back at my apartment I just discovered a used Coleman stove thrown in some trees by the back lane. There's a large garbage container no more than 10 metres away. Was it really that difficult for the person to walk those few extra steps.

Just further proof that kids are being raised by irresponsible parents and then grow up to become these selfish, irresponsible adults. Sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Robert I don't think its only kids I see plenty of grown ups doing this too, I think the kids learn this disrespectful and repulsive behaviour somewhere?
Kay (Haldane) from VT

Robert W. said...

Kay, I agree. I *think* what has been going on is a 35+ year pursuit for more & more & more tolerance & acceptance - ie. let anybody do whatever they want. But I think the pendulum has swung too far and the sense I get is that MANY others feel the same way. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next 5 years.