Tuesday, November 08, 2005

On the Hamilton Airwaves

As I mentioned here I got up early this morning to appear on Roy Green's radio program in Hamilton, Ontario. Joining me were Sandra from Hamilton, Ted from Winnipeg, and Bill from Edmonton. The topics of the hour-long discussion were:

  • How do you feel about the current state of Canada?
  • Would you like to see an immediate federal election?
  • What do you think will happen in Canada's future?
I wrote the host afterwards and what I said included this:
  • You mentioned that "The future is in their [the politicians] hands". But let's face it, it's a sad reality of our political system that we rarely vote for a vision of the future but almost always an election is a reflection of the past.
  • Why is it that since April 20, 1968, the only prime ministers we've elected to majority governments have been from Quebec?
  • I would love for you to have a segment on your local show (or a national show) that only accepted calls from people who claimed they had always voted Liberal. Then ask them this question: "What scandal would have to occur for you to stop voting the same way?"
  • Here's a great quote I heard yesterday: "Jack Layton is a duplicitous hypocrite who will be less than a footnote in history."

I'm glad I got up early ... ready to face the day ... albeit a rainy one!

No comments: