Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Next Election: An IQ Test For Canadians

Those who know me know that I'm not much of a morning person. I love the concept and serenity of the morning but just have a tough time getting up early. But for some strange reason I suddenly woke up at 6:30am and realized I couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up, went over to my computer and tuned into CHML, where one of my favourite broadcasters, Roy Green, was just starting the political portion of his show.

He quoted broadcasters here in Vancouver and in Edmonton, stating what many out West believe: The next federal election is an IQ Test for Canadians, most especially Ontarioans.

Having lived in Mexico and observing first hand their 71 year long dictatorship (in what was purportedly a democracy) clearly showed me the absolute danger of one party rule.

When election day arrives, I plead with you to think very carefully about which party you vote for. If you're not comfortable with the Conservatives or NDP then vote for the Green party or an Independent. But if you put an "X" beside the Liberal candidate then you are most surely and absolutely taking this country in the wrong direction. 4 - 5 years later, if you're not happy with the party in power, then vote again for the Liberals but doing so in this next election would be disgraceful.

No comments: