Saturday, December 27, 2008

Listening to Radio Stations Across Canada

If you're like a growing number of Canadians then you're catching more & more of your news via the Internet. A terrific way to learn about what's going on across the country is to listen to talk radio stations from coast to coast. To assist with this endeavour I've created a single web page that provides links to the audio feeds from assorted stations across Canada. You can access it directly here or you can reach it via a hidden link on the Pelalusa.com site.

When you get to the Pelalusa home page you'll be presented with a daytime or nighttime map of the world (depending on your local time). In either case, in the lower right corner you'll find a hidden link to the radio station page. It's easy to spot because your mouse cursor will change.

Clicking on this link will take you to this page:
I've tested it with Firefox 3.0 and it works perfectly. In both IE7 and Chrome there appear to be problems with the [necessary] popup window being blocked. I don't believe there's anything inherently wrong with my code so you may need to adjust your security settings.

I'm very much open to suggestions of future enhancements. Please just leave comments here or write me directly.

1 comment:

Joanne (True Blue) said...

Very cool! Please keep me posted.