Thursday, December 08, 2005

Paul Martin's Lie of the Day #1

Long ago I naively thought that an election campaign was all about each side expressing their policies and then the electorate deciding which one they liked best. Then I grew up. And I sadly learned that many politicians avoid talking about any real issues and instead just go around and lie, lie, lie! Paul Martin has got to win an award for this ability. Today he outlined a plan to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

The best comment on this I just read on another blog:

"Don't be so tough on Martin. He's got a big plan. This week he bans hand guns. Next week he bans robbery, then murder. Then, just before Christmas, he invokes a total and complete ban on criminals. It's brilliant I tell you. Sensible, logical and doable. Thank god for the Liberals. No one could ever love us as much as they do."

No comments: