Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Day

Finally I got a good sleep and had a much needed large breakfast. A luxury of late!

I delivered two of the last three computers my colleagues and I had prepared for donation. In some regards the families were quite different but in all cases there was a loving parent (or parents) that want the best for their kids. And in both homes I saw a bountiful of happiness, no matter what the family's current financial situation. Life can be very difficult at times but if you love your kids then you do the best you can with what you have.

In one case there was a problem with the sound card and I had also forgotten some Junior Hockey tickets they had wanted (thanks, Allen!). But I'll get back there soon!

I made it Xmas dinner at my mom's a bit late but had an enjoyable meall with old & new friends. Then Elf Dennis and I delivered the final computer to Jen, the woman you saw in the first BCTV segment. She was very, very nice, as was her daughter. And in a strange twist of fate, it turned out that there new cat may be the daughter or granddaughter of one that Dennis had donated a few years ago - long story! :-)

No comments: