Wednesday, December 21, 2005

CBC Radio 1 Interview

This morning I woke up at 5am and got myself downtown to the CBC building by 6am. Anyone who knows me knows that mornings are not my friend. So I made a VERY necessary stop at the Starbucks across from the
Library. I entered the building around 6:30am and met the security guard. He gave me a visitor's pass and sent me up to the 3rd Floor. There I was greeted by several staff members and waited for a few minutes.
I was brought into the studio around 6:40am where I was interviewed by Stephen Quinn. I had so many inspiring things to say but I don't think the coffee had kicked in yet! I wanted to talk about the great generosity of the people who
had donated something over the past 24 hours: Richard donating a flat-screen LCD monitor, beautiful Yuki and her wonderful laptop, Marshall and Ron and Sylvie and their complete systems, Mike and his laptop & monitor, Henriette and Manny and their monitors, and more! I wanted to mention Amy at Richmond Centre and her arranging 3 computers to be delivered to the cause. And Ateesh Roop & Mary Wharton of Golder Associates committing to donate several computers on a continuing basis. There are so many more amazing stories of generosity! But as these things go, I had little time to say all that.

Stephen started off calling me the "Computer Santa". I corrected him by saying that I preferred "The Accidental Elf". For the true Santas out there are those who are opening up their hearts and being so incredibly generous to less fortunate in our community. I even had a great political analogy that I had thought of: "If more politicians tried to act like elves and less wanted everyone to treat them like Santa then wouldn't things in our country be a whole lot better?"

No comments: