Saturday, June 13, 2009

More on the Letterman Debacle



Incidentally, I responded to this comment as follows:

UtahWoman, you wrote: "I do not see this as a left or right issue. I see it as a male vs female issue."

I agree with you that it's not a Left vs. Right issue. But it is NOT a Male vs. Female issue.

I've just spent quite a bit of time arguing with a woman from Saskatchewan named Janice who fully supports David Letterman and deeply criticizes anyone who considers it any more than a "joke". She went on to justify the smearing of any of the Palin daughters as somehow Palin's fault. I never understood her logic but it seems akin to blaming a woman for being raped. Finally, when I asked her how she would feel if the same sort of jokes were leveled at the Obama daughters she said, "they don't have anything to do with this."

That kind of limited thinking is not much different from Joy Behar's, as shown here. Listen to her words but also carefully watch her body language. Then listen to the list of all the women's groups and magazines that refuse to criticize Letterman in any way, shape or form.

A Canadian radio show host, Roy Green, asked a very interesting question today: "How come Don Imus lost his job over derogatory remarks he made about a women's basketball team yet not a thing has happened to David Letterman?" Answer that question and you'll get a sense of how rotten the core of the mainstream media has become.

I go back to Reagan's comment that I referred to earlier: "This is not a Left or Right issue, but an Up or Down one." More precisely, it's about those who believe in those archaic concepts known as "Honor" and "Decency" and those who don't.

Incidentally, a woman has created a Facebook group to demand a REAL apology from Letterman. Think about joining it.

Finally, please know that my outrage would be precisely the same had similar "jokes" been made about Malia or Natasha Obama.

No comments: