Friday, June 05, 2009

Abraham Lincoln et al

So I said to him, "Barack, I know Abe Lincoln, and you ain't no Abe Lincoln!"


You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative

and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and

should do for themselves.

- Abraham Lincoln -

1 comment:

hms victory said...

I confess that it took me a full minute to realize that they were all Republican presidents...it's just that the presence of Nixon, Ford, and GWB threw me off as when I first saw Teddy, Ike and the back of Lincoln that it was a gathering of GREAT presidents that left the USA in a stronger position than when they took office.