There's a contest being held at ThePolitic:
Submit your suggestions for the top ten un-conservative things the Conservative Party of Canada has done since their election in 2006.
and win a signed copy of Mark Steyn's book, America Alone.
I thought about it a moment and submitted this list:
- Bailing out the automobile manufacturers.
- Not doing a thing about the infamous Section 13 of the HRCs.
- Not doing much of anything to shrink the federal government and its associated spending.
- Not seemingly doing much to reduce the endless grants to most every sector of our society.
- Not attempting to either shut down the CBC or even force a people/content change there.
- Not pushing for some degree of choice when it comes to health care insurance.
- Caving in (at least on the surface) to the Global Warming "religious" fanatics.
- Doing nothing to decrease the endless taxes when it comes to airline travel.
- Not doing anything substantial to reduce income tax - see #3 above.
- Other than Jason Kenney, not doing much to dismantle the destructive & divisive multiculturalist policies of Trudeaupia. We are all Canadians, not hyphenated citizens!