I have just launched a new initiative, inspired by these 2 videos:
I would like to compile a much longer video, comprised of women and men, of all races, ages, and religions. It will be uploaded to here on YouTube.
If you would like to participate, here's what you need to do:
- Take a video of yourself, no more than 15 seconds long, with whatever background setting you feel uniquely describes YOU! It might show where you live, your children, your family, your friends, or whatever inspires you! You can say whatever you want but to be eligible for submission, it must include these words at some point: "I AM Sarah Palin".
- Go to this website and upload your video (see directions below).
- Once uploaded, a web link will be provided to you. Please send this link to: IAmSarahPalin@live.com
Video files are quite large so they can't be readily sent via e-mail. As such, a slightly different process has to be used to get your video to me. Thankfully it's very simple!
Go to MediaFire.com and click on the large green button near the top of the screen:
A dialog box will appear. Click on the grey button in the middle:
You'll be prompted to select which file on your computer you want to upload. Select it and press the "Open" or "OK" button on the dialog box. This will return you back to this screen, where you just need to press the green "Start Upload" button:
The menu on the right side will change. Click on the second option, entitled "My Files (main folder) :
Your file will start uploading to the server. Just be patient and wait until it's done.
Once it's entirely uploaded then click on the "Copy Link" button:
This will store in your computer's memory the web link I need to access your uploaded file.
Go to your e-mail program and send an e-mail to IAmSarahPalin@live.com In the Subject or Body of the e-mail paste the link you copied. There are many different ways to do this, depending on your computer. On Windows machines you can press Shift+Insert simultaneously. You can also go to the top menu of your browser and choose "Edit" and then "Paste".
In your e-mail, please provide any of the following optional information that you would like displayed on top of your video segment:
- Location: City/Town -- State/Province -- Country
- Your first name
- Your age (completely optional!)
Hopefully more than a few videos will be submitted. Together we'll put together something really fantastic and positive!
If you'd like to help spread the word about this grassroots campaign, then here are the links you need: