Friday, September 26, 2008

Visit to America: Day 1

My mom & I embarked on our big trip today! We caught the Quick Shuttle around 9:20am, though it was supposed to be there 15 minutes earlier.

Unlike times past, the bus was absolutely full. When we got to the U.S. border my heart sank when I saw how many buses were ahead of us. It took over an hour to get through when normally it would take less than 15 minutes.

I kept hoping that we'd make up the lost time but it was not to be. In fact, we had to stop at every location along the way: Bellingham Airport, Tulalip Mall, and downtown Seattle too.

We were supposed to arrive at SeaTac at 1:20pm but didn't get there until 3:00pm, just a few minutes before our scheduled departure. So getting to Dallas today was not to be. With the help of my friend, Mike, he helped us book a nearby hotel using Hotwire. We're safe & sound now, but it has been a really long day.






No comments: