Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Battle About Palin Continues

When they thought no one was listening, pundits Mike Murphy and Peggy Noonan had the following conversation. Not very positive. I'm not familiar with Murphy but read Noonan on a regular basis. She's a superb writer. Often I agree with her, sometimes I don't. This time I don't.

Quick aside to my liberal friends: Please note that I'm not calling Noonan an idiot, a twit, or threatening to never read her column again. Adults realize that they can agree to disagree.

Quite a contrast from the hate filled private correspondence I've been receiving the past few days, including from some people I thought were friends. Apparently friendship stops at the party line for some.


The world is awaiting Sarah Palin's big speech tonight. Anyone who thinks that she's going to be a big pushover is going to be proven wrong. This afternoon she said the following:

"Since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves," Palin said in excerpts of her remarks, released in advance of her appearance. "I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities."

1 comment:

Repack Rider said...

Apparently Ms. Palin is uaware that Mr. Obama gratuated Summa cum Laude from Harvard Law, was president of the Harvard Law Review, has held state and national offices that represented more people than the population of Alaska, taught constitutional law, wrote a couple of best sellers, and most important, ran a recent campaign that beat one of the most polished political machines in the country and a candidate who was "inevitable."

What are her academic triumphs?

And she's saying Obama is inexperienced? I'll take Harvard Summa cum Laude and a constitutional expert over the doofuses and rights violators the GOP presents us election after election, and I'll be happy to take my chances with the leadership abilities of a guy whose intelligence is oviously off the chart and whose compassion had him choose community service over a big name, big money law firm.