Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Life's A Beach

Having had fun snorkeling ysterday, I wanted to do some more today. So my Mom & I headed down to the beach.

Initially it was a bit cloudy but then got rather bright. As you can imagine, I had a lot of fun!



While snorkeling I spotted this Royal Hawaiian room card in the ocean. People shouldn't assume that just placing one in a pocket is enough to keep it there.
I picked up a delicious lunch at a small supermarket called Coco Cove on Kalakaua Avenue, the street that runs parallel to the beach.
I was ... umm ... well ... I was just testing out the optical properties of my new camera when these 2 women happened to pass by.
This nice gentleman and his son were down at the beach as well. What's quite a coincidence is that he is from Vina del Mar, Chile, which is the same community as mi amiga, Ivonne. Small world!
When we got back to our suite, the news of the day was the Democrat primary the day before. It turned out that Barack Obama had won by a huge majority.

Soon after we got back I realized that I had gotten way too much sun. I never seem to realize this "during" but only after. I wouldn't say that I had full-fledged heat stroke but it was pretty close. The red colourization of my skin is a pretty accurate portrayal of how I looked for the next 36 hours. Dumb Rob, dumb!

No comments: