Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Early Evening Stroll

For dinner options, I consulted tips from my VT friend, Andy. We decided to venture up Kapahula Avenue to check out several food options. To reach there we went up to the Ala Wai Canal, a place we had not walked past before. It's a man-made, perfectly straight channel, that separates Waikiki from the rest of Honolulu.

There were thousands of these dark blue fish throughout the canal. I don't know what type they are and I'm not convinced they would taste very good!
There are so many beautiful birds throughout Honolulu but cardinals, such as this one, are amongst my favourites.
There were a few teams practicing rowing in the perfectly still water.
This is the fire station at the eastern edge of Waikiki, with a majestic view of Diamond Head beyond.

No comments: