Thursday, February 21, 2008

Victoria Ward Center

The past 24 hours hasn't been much fun. The overexposure to the sun really took its toll on me. I could barely sleep last night and generally felt miserable. But I had committed to meet with 3 people who had expressed an interest in setting up a Hawaii Digital Divide program. So around 5:30pm my Mom & I took the bus over to Victoria Ward Center, an interesting mall that is actually comprised of 4 individual and very different shopping malls.

Lo and behold, only 1 of the 3 people bothered to show up. She was very nice but you can't build such an organization with just one person. So we spent half the time talking about restaurants!

I took these next 2 photos just before the sunset.

One of the recommended restaurants was Goma Tei Ramen, right in this very mall. I love soup, especially Asian soups, and this place did not disappoint! The atmosphere was casual, the service was friendly, and the food was delicious!
A pretty local woman offered to take our photo. Notice how red my face still was!
And here's a sampling of the food!



Finally, here's a short video of a hula dance practice that I saw.

No comments: