Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Berner's Driving Queens

David Berner is a Vancouver media personality and fellow blogger. He's famous for many things, one of them being that he seems to be more cursed than anyone else to have unfortunate run-ins with crazy female drivers! From now on, I'm going to refer to such women as "BDQs", short for "Berner's Driving Queens".

Today, I encountered one. I was walking along Granville Street, between 13th & 14th Avenue, when I came upon a 40-something blonde yuppie screaming at a parking meter checker, a young Asian fellow. Normally I have no sympathy for these parking enforcement people but this situation was somewhat different.

She was telling him "how outrageous and unfair" it was that he had issued her a ticket. I'm not clear whether her meter time had expired but she was definitely being cited for letting her car insurance expire. You might think that it had just expired at the end of January and she had forgotten to renew it. I looked at the rear license plate, where the car insurance sticker is prominently featured on every B.C. registered car. It had, in fact, expired LAST JUNE!!!

This silly twit, this hot-air bag of self declared importance, had thought nothing wrong with taking her yuppified Jeep, a potential killing machine, out onto the roads of Vancouver on a wet & snowy day WITHOUT ANY INSURANCE!!! Had she hit anyone or anything, said victim would have had no automatic recourse to seek damages from her without going to a whole lot of trouble.

Dear Ms. Arrogant Self-Absorbed Windbag, you should count yourself lucky with just getting a ticket. If I were a cop encountering you, I would have had your car impounded and you possibly arrested ... just for being the complete asshole that you proved yourself to be today!

3 comments:

David Berner said...

HAHAHAHA....

I AM INDEED HONORED...

cc said...

Bwa-ha! One year (during a nasty prairie winter) I got new tags for my car and forgot to put them on. They fell behind my fridge. Along about June, I went out to my car to go to work in the morning and finally noticed. However, being late for work, I thought "I'll look for them when I get home." I must have been transmitting a vibe, because the about halfway there, a police car started following me - right into my parking spot at my destination. You just can't make this stuff up.
Here's where I differ from your yuppie: I smiled sweetly to the officer, ready to take my lumps. I knew it was my fault I forgot he stickers, but I WAS insured. He obviously knew that already, gave a little lecture and made me promise to be good, and sent me on my way.
A sweet smile from a pretty lady goes a looooong way sometimes.

Robert W. said...

Indeed, the difference is in the level of arrogance. You have little to none, she had enough to fill a hot air balloon!