Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Post Hike Celebration

Before heading back to our place, my Mom wanted to withdraw some money from an ATM. We headed to the Bank of Hawaii near the beach. After she did this, I insisted we walk across the street to the Moana Surfrider Hotel to treat my mom to a drink. We sat down close to the beach. Service was non-existent for 10 minutes so I went up to the group of waitresses near the bar and asked if I should order a drink from them there. "No, no, no, someone will come to your table." A minute later someone did. She was the rudest, most personality vacant person we had yet met in Waikiki. Quite a surprise as the customer service here has generally been superb. She took our order but after that we had a much more pleasant woman handle our table.


Mom had a Pina Colada and I had a local Kona beer. Most refreshing!

Later, back at our suite, I presented my Mom with a surprise, a certificate of her climb to the top. So okay, she didn't actually make it but she has a certificate saying she did so who cares about the minor details of what actually happened!

No comments: