Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Special, Special Day!

My young friend in Mexico turned 18 today. I wish I was there to celebrate this special occasion with him but alas I am not. I did, however, send him the following message:

Hola Danny!

My mom and I wanted to wish you a VERY HAPPY 18th Birthday!!!

I distinctly remember when I turned 18. It was a very special time, one of transition where I was entering university and dare I say "adulthood". Much like a caterpillar sheds it old covering and becomes a butterfly, so are you shedding your time as a kid and moving onto something bigger and surely even better. There will definitely be hurdles along the way, my friend, but you can always rest assured that you have a mother who loves you more than eternity itself and close family both in Mexico City and this other wee place known as Vancouver.

Grab that thing called "life" by the horns and steer it wherever you want it to go! I'm so excited for you, amigo, because there are many, MANY incredible things in store for you in the months and years ahead!!

Bravo for turning 18. Bravo for being you. And thank you for being my friend.


No comments: