Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day 7: A Perfect Day in Chicago

Do you ever have one of those days where everything went perfectly? They're rare to be sure but I definitely had one of them today! It started out meeting two of my favourite people in the world, Toni (86) and Rosemary (83) for lunch. Then I went wandering through Chinatown and must confess (to Kristi) that it is a lot more substantial than I recalled from past visits. I jumped on the L-train and took it to the southern edge of the Loop. There I walked out toward Lake Michigan. I encountered and ending up having a long conversation with a beautiful brunette, a young lady from Switzerland. Like me, she just loved Chicago! Who couldn't on such a magnificent day! I continued northwest, past several pieces of art, the magnificent Buckingham Fountain, and directly into the Loop to buy some Garrett's Popcorn for our VT friends in Portsmouth. I caught another L-train, got off at the intersection of Milwaukee & Chicago and walked back to Melissa's. She had kindly bought me a little birthday cake. That evening we joined her friends, Nigel & Vanessa, for a lovely sushi dinner. What a great day!



















No comments: