Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day 3: Portland, Oregon

Today was definitely a "family" one; not my family but that of my friends. Erik was out fishing on the coast so Ginette and I and her kids joined her neighbour, Stacy, and her children. We headed up to the expansive and beautiful Washington Park in SW Portland.

We initially made a B-Line for a large children's playground. This gave the kids (and Uncle Rob) a chance to burn off any excess energy.

We then strolled over to the magnificent Rose Garden.




Later in the day was wonderfully mellow, just hanging out and playing with the kids. For dinner, Ginette invited over her mom and we had delicious spaghetti, made from fresh tomatoes from their garden.

Because I had to catch an early morning flight the next day, I opted to stay at a hotel near the airport. Ginette drove me downtown, where I caught the Max Red Line to PDX.

No comments: