Unbeknownst to most Canadians, $4.7 Million per year has been mostly wasted by our federal government on something called the PromArt program. This liberal slush fund has been used for such things as:
- $3,000 given to Holy Fuck, a Toronto rock band, to travel in the U.K.
- $5,000 given to former CBC broadcaster, Avi Lewis, to let the little darling go to film festivals in Australia & Argentina
- $16,500 given to Tal Bachman, a best-selling recording artist, travel to South Africa and Zimbabwe
- $3,000 given to author Gwynne Dyer, to travel to Cuba
- $18,000 given to The North South Institute, a left-wing anti-globalization "think tank", to attend an anti-Western conference in Cuba (Note: I put "think tank" in quotes because isn't a left-wing think tank an oxymoron?)
I can only imagine the reaction from those at the CBC, who have