Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's Only Rock 'n Roll But I Like It

In case you're not aware, the title is the name of a song from the Rolling Stones in 1974. I think it's most apropos for the event I attended last night at the Stanley Park Rowing Club. A long time friend of mine, Steve, though now a bank executive, has kept his musical talents sharp and has put together a band of which are some people he played with 20+ years ago!

I'm not a "costume kind-of-guy" so my get-up consisted of putting on my 24-year old red Engineering jacket! And yes, it still fits ... sort of! :-) I helped out Steve's band by collecting tickets at the door and photographing and videoing the event. All attendees seemed to have lots & lots of fun!!







You can click here to see the full set of photos & videos I took. Please keep in mind that my little camera is simply not the best for capturing images with low light, such as at this event. Also, I think the camera's microphone got overwhelmed with the loud volume from the speakers!

No comments: