Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Embracing the Rain of Vancouver!

It seems to have been raining for all but about 5 minutes since I returned to Vancouver Sunday evening! But I'm feeling so great these days that I refuse to let the crummy weather get my spirits down. A few years ago a friend of mine, Anna, moved from Hong Kong to Vancouver. I first met her in the summertime. I asked her if she was ready for the rainy months ahead. She said that she was fully prepared to "embrace the rain". So in her honour (and it is her birthday today) I created this video:












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob,

Welcome back to the rain forest!

BTW, I had a good chuckle after seeing the photo of the "Limited Edition" bottled water (er, I mean bottled H2O). bling. Bottled in Tennessee no less!

Other than the fact that it looks very expensive, I couldn't think of how it's different from, say, normal 99 cent per 1.5L bottled water at the local supermarket.

And what exactly does "limited edition" mean anyways?

I couldn't help thinking about that old saying about selling ice to Eskimos. You have to hand it to bling, selling overpriced water to rain forest dwellers is indeed a coup.

Mark.

nachtwache said...

Hey, I see some sun! Gotta run out to catch some rays! I was out earlier and it it was a monsoon! Got all wet. Yes, embrace it. Get a "SAD" light and take what sun you can get. My itty bitty tan has left my face and I look all pasty and sick.
Lucky people that have a permanent "tan", you age less too. My gene pool doesn't seem to have been mixed enough. :)

Anonymous said...

Bee-yoo-tiful, Rob!

Love it, love it, love it.