Thursday, July 26, 2007

Was I Right or Was I Wrong?

My original posting stated that I was wrong: "The horrendous garbage didn't appear. Read more here."

But I just learned on the CTV Evening News that this newspaper report was pure fiction! English Bay was a DUMP last night, with thousands of people just leaving their garbage on the beach and others overflowing garbage cans, rather than taking it home. This black mark on the true nature of Vancouverites was covered up only thanks to the overnight work of Vancouver City managers, the morning work of Houston Landscapes, and the later work of other volunteers.

Let's face facts: Most Vancouverites are ignorant little slobs and last night's garbage proves it! So incredibly sad.

4 comments:

nachtwache said...

Wow, either those managers worked all night or we have some decent people out there that are capable of not littering!
Beautiful pictures of the sunset and the fireworks!

nachtwache said...

Ah, how sad. It's surprising the human race has managed to stick around this long, the behaviour of most people should have made us extinct long ago! Of course, civilizations crumble, I think we're on the downhill slope. The Romans, the Greeks, Egyptians....actually, I think western Europe before us. Pigs are cleaner then people. It starts at home, teaching children not to litter. Adults have a hard time learning it, if the parents didn't teach them.

Robert W. said...

You might have noticed in today's Vancouver Sun that there's a big editorial praising Vancouverites for their cleanliness at the beach. What fiction! I guess they're trying to compete with The Enquirer.

nachtwache said...

No, didn't see it, but I can believe it, they don't make reporters as they used to :)