Sunday, July 01, 2007

Fascinating Words from a Former Islamic Terrorist

I came across this article by accident but am glad I did. It describes very succinctly why all this soul searching that many in the West do to figure out why "they hate us so" is all a complete waste of time and effort.

Here's a very telling passage:

The attempts to cause mass destruction in London and Glasgow are so reminiscent of other recent British Islamic extremist plots that they are likely to have been carried out by my former peers.

And as with previous terror attacks, people are again saying that violence carried out by Muslims is all to do with foreign policy.

For example, on Saturday on Radio 4's Today programme, the Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone, said: "What all our intelligence shows about the opinions of disaffected young Muslims is the main driving force is not Afghanistan, it is mainly Iraq."

I left the British Jihadi Network in February 2006 because I realised that its members had simply become mindless killers. But if I were still fighting for their cause, I'd be laughing once again.



Update: If you have Real Player, you can listen to him here. Move the time marker to 18:00.

No comments: