Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Prediction, Fear, or Warning?

I don't know which, but I have this troubling idea that Vancouver's beaches are going to be a complete mess tomorrow with countless people leaving their garbage littered all over.

How could this happen you ask, in environmentally conscious Vancouver? Well tomorrow morning will show whether Vancouverites walk their talk or are the rampant hypocrites that I've long suspected. I really am hoping for the former but [sadly] suspect the latter. :-(

2 comments:

nachtwache said...

Yep. I'd be very surprised if people actually keep it clean and put their own garbage into the provided garbage cans. Very surprised. I'd happily be wrong.

Robert W. said...

Normally, putting it in the trash would be fine but no trash is being removed from the beaches right now so people are being asked to take their own garbage home. This is where the stumbling block lies!