Saturday, July 14, 2007

Drive To Seattle

I headed down to Seattle today (about 220km) in preparation for the arrival of my ex-girlfriend's son, who is flying up from Aguascalientes, Mexico. He is a superb young man and just graduated from high school with top marks. This trip is my present to him for this great achievement.

Here are some photos from my journey:

It was about a 50 minute wait at the Peace Arch border crossing.

Fairhaven is an historic neighbourhood on the south end of Bellingham. It was founded in the late 1880's as a distinct town but is now part of its larger northern neighbour.

Chuckanut drive is a short scenic highway that is accessed from Fairhaven. The views are incredible.

When I was a child my family went camping along here. I have a distinct memory of picking 4-leaf clovers from one campground along here but I have yet to confirm this as an adult.

No comments: