Friday, May 04, 2007

Could there be anything more uncomfortable?

A female friend of mine recently sent me this e-mail. Put yourself in her place:

So dad and I check into the Westin Saturday and around 10:30 that night we start to hear "uh, uh, ohhhh, ohhhh" and I'm just about ready to die from embarrassment, I mean I'm in bed, dad is in the bed next to me and he says "whaddya think that is? Har har" Ummm, yeah, dad, there's a cat in heat next door and then I turn up the TV REALLY loud to drown it out, about 10 minutes later I turn it down and then I hear "uh, uh, oooh, oooh", damn this lady has stamina! Next morning, same thing, next night, there she goes again. Thankfully, she either wore herself out or checked out for the last 2 nights....

2 comments:

nachtwache said...

Ah well, that's part of life. Kids are really uncomfortable about the facts of life around their parents. How do they think they came to be? :) That's me speaking as the mother of 2 adult children, that are rather embarrassed to talk about anything like that, maybe I'm just too relaxed about it, for me it's just a fact of life.
Hotels certainly aren't like home, are they?

Walter Schultz said...

What's her number?