I've long been curious about where the ultra-pro Kyoto proponents expect society to go. Now I finally know. Sea Shepherd founder, Paul Watson, has finally come clean with his true thoughts. In a unibomber-like endless rant, Watson makes these glorious points:
- Human beings are much like a virus that must be stopped.
- "I don't apologize for calling humans the 'AIDS of the Earth'."
- There is only one cure, only one way of stopping this rising epidemic.... This will require a complete overhaul of all of humanities economic, cultural, and life style systems.
- Human communities should be maintained in small population enclaves within linked wilderness ecosystems. No human community should be larger than 20,000 people.
- We need to radically and intelligently reduce human populations to fewer than one billion.
- We need to stop burning fossil fuels and utilize only wind, water, and solar power with all generation of power coming from individual or small community units like windmills, waterwheels, and solar panels.
- Sea transportation should be by sail.
- All consumption should be local. No food products need to be transported over hundreds of miles to market. All commercial fishing should be abolished. If local communities need to fish the fish should be caught individually by hand.
- Preferably vegan and vegetarian diets can be adopted.
- We need to lower populations of domestic housecats and dogs.
- We need to stop flying, stop driving cars, and jetting around on marine recreational vehicles. The Amish survive without cars and so can the rest of us.
- Who should have children? Those who are responsible and completely dedicated to the responsibility which is actually a very small percentage of humans. Being a parent should be a career.
- Schools can be eliminated if the professional parent is also the educator of the child.
- Curing a body of cancer requires radical and invasive therapy, and therefore, curing the biosphere of the human virus will also require a radical and invasive approach.
If, by chance, you agree with what this guy is saying then:
- You are a hypocrite because of the very fact that you're reading this on a computer. No new technology would ever be invited in Watson's little world.
- Immediately move out of whatever abode you're living in and far from any community larger than 20,000. Start walking your talk!
- Get immediate psychological help and find out why you hate your species so much.