Friday, April 20, 2007

Pavlov's Son

My mom is getting funnier as she gets older. I don't mean "more odd", I mean FUNNIER, as in a greater sense of humour. Here's a perfect example. Back in mid-February our friend in Boynton Beach, Florida, Maria, took us for a tour of a nature preserve. On it, we drove right up beside this VERY LARGE alligator. Maria & my mom were insistent that I step outside to get a closer photo. Yeah, right!

Fast forward to this morning. I was "doing my business" and catching up on some newspapers my mom had given me. I turned the page and saw that she had written the following: "Remind you of something, Robert?" I looked down and there was a photo of an Asian man in a dentist's chair. No reminder there. I looked further down the page. There was a photo of a large alligator!!! Yikes, I almost jumped off the toilet in fright!

Undoubtedly she would be most pleased with herself to get this reaction out of me!!!

No comments: