Monday, April 23, 2007

Chicago Taxi Dispute - A Shimmer of Light?

Back in early February, when my mom & I were departing Chicago for Miami, the Chicago Carriage & Cab Company refused to pick us up from the home of our friends. Why is not certain but their proximity to Midway Airport was likely the prime factor.

I complained to the taxi company, twice actually, but received no response. I also complained to the City of Chicago. Lo and behold I just received a response from the latter, only two and a half months later:

Dear Mr. Werner:

Thank you for informing us of your extremely troubling cab experience. On behalf of the City of Chicago, I offer my deepest apologies. I do hope that this unfortunate incident will not dissuade you from continuing to visit Chicago in the future, as we have many enjoyable sights and activities to offer! I have forwarded your information to the supervisor of the Chicago Carriage & Cab Company’s dispatch office, who will be contacting you about your ordeal. Once again, please accept my apologies for your inconvenience, and please feel free to contact me if I can assist you in any other way.

Sincerely,
Kate Francis

No comments: