Saturday, October 08, 2005

Various Scenes Around Vancouver

It wasn't raining today so I went out on several walks; once with my mom, twice with a friend, and finally on my own. Nothing much new to say today. I'm a little burnt out by the teacher's strike.
My comments on here have inadvertently alienated some of my teacher friends. That's the last thing I wanted to do, but I simply cannot support their actions, which have now been declared illegal. They may not agree with the law but it is the law even if they dislike the government who created it.
I just hope things get resolved sooner than later, for their benefit and for that of the children and their parents. So I'll just let you enjoy these photos, two of which were taken by me and one by my friend from Seattle.

2 comments:

Lubna said...

Yes, Zaa did lead me to your site. She has also blogrolled me. Funny, how blogging creates new words like blogrolling. I shall keep popping up on your site now and then. Keep uploading those photographs. I do not use a digital camera (for some strange reason, I love the mystery around a normal SLR - the suspense of whether what you clicked will come out well). In these days of instant gratification, I think my old ancient camera keeps me grounded. The downside - I have tons of phtographs to scan and upload, I shall do it one day. I remember how our university professors had gone on strike when I was in the final year of graudation - it did suck big time. I hope this issue, out there, gets resolved soon. Teachers and professors here are taken for granted and given a low wage - I so hate this. More of my rambling later.

Robert W. said...

I had never heard of "blogroll" until you just used it. But I looked it up!

I was reluctant to go digital, after 30+ years of using film cameras. But once I did, I'll never go back! I prefer pretty much knowing there & then whether my photo turned out okay. Mysteries sometimes suck.

As for teachers, I believe public school teachers here in B.C. end up making $60K+ after a few years. That's not bad for someone with 5 years of post secondary education. Besides, they know approx. what they're going to make so if money is their #1 objective then they should follow a different career path.