Thursday, October 27, 2005

Just a typical day in Vancouver

I had to go downtown today and captured these various scenes along the way. Because I work at my home office I don't often get out and see what's happening in the real world, so I'm always curious about everything around me, much like a tourist is. This first photo is of a small marina that sits beside Granville Island.
This shot shows a group of chefs at the Pacific Culinary Institute. I assume that they're having their graduation photo being taken. I wish them well and am quite sure they'll soon be embarking on great careers!





This is a brand new piece of public art that sits at the northwest corner of 7th & Granville. The featured woman is the famous B.C. artist, Emily Carr. I don't know her art well enough to understand the significance of the animals, but I do like the little monkey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These were all animals she had. She used to walk around town with the donkey pulling a cart with her stuff and the monkey on either the donkey or in the cart. At least thas what I understand from the exhibit in the gallery.