Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A Little Rant About Starbucks

Actually, I don't mind Starbucks. It often has the prettiest women in it and I like my coffee strong. But the whole Starbucks culture drives me a little nuts, as does the renaming of the coffee cup sizes. And don't even get me started about those self-absorbed freaks who require half a dozen words to order they're coffee - "Oh yes, I'd like a Grande Low Fat Half Milk Blueberry Vanilla Mochachino". If that's not the epitome of high maintenance, I don't know what is!

In the spirit of a little revenge, take a look at this hilarious cartoon. Warning: There's some swearing, but it's FUNNY!

1 comment:

dgnyhk said...

I will never diss Starbucks after it saved me on a trip to London. I got off the train at Earl's Court and turned left where I should have turned right, finding myself in a not-so-good neighbourhood with a 5 year old and two weeks of baggage in tow, a number of dangerous-looking locals eyeing my bags. I turned around and went the other direction, seeing a Starbucks, I knew I was headed for safer environs. That and about the only decent cup of coffee I could find in Beijing and Shanghai.